Supply Chain Officer
World Vision Rwanda is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 29 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Supply Chain officer. The position will be based in Head office -Kigali, reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
Purpose of the position:
The role of Supply Chain Officer is to provide technical support in the coordination and implementation of procurement activities in ensuring timely acquisition/provision of goods and services for WV Rwanda business.
The major responsibilities include:
|% Time||Major Activities||End Results Expected|
1. Understand the department’s business requirements and apply in the day to day work.
|Adherence to business requirements in fulfilling procurement needs|
1. Facilitate annual procurement planning sessions with key stakeholders
2. Consolidate and report on the Procurement Plans
3. Review and update Item Catalog prior to the planning process activity.
4. Advise and familiarize Operations with the use of the Item Catalog
|Availability of complete Item Catalogs for planning process and a complete Annual Procurement Plan.|
1. Advise on Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the direction from Coordinators and Advisors. Sending bid invitations, follow-up of bids, assist coordinating pre-bid meetings as per the direction from Coordinators and Specialist.
3. Maintain all supporting documents relating to the Sourcing Events based on the document management
4. Supervise the Sourcing events and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
5. Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents based on the direction given by the Coordinators/specialists.
|Procurement Committee meetings are held as per schedules (based on the sourcing plan).|
|10||Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
1. Accurately complete the master data management form (contract/supplier/ item register)
2. Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation (Master Data Management).
3. Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders to ensure optimum usage of contracts.
4. Collect feedback on supplier performance as per the established SPM guidelines.
|Availability of accurate and complete Master Data records (either in system or paper).|
1. Advise on the RFP/RFQ process for spot buys as required
2. Liaise with Shared Services & Finance to resolve supplier inquiries
3. Release POs to suppliers for spot buys and assigned categories.
|Day to Day procurement operations are managed smoothly.|
|10||Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
1. Collect and organize data from projects and business units.
2. Analyze and check data for accuracy and produce the required reporting output in accordance to the Policies / Procedures & Guidelines as set by WV
3. Prepare weekly/monthly procurement status reports in order to update the customers and other stakeholders.
4. Perform Daily reconciliation exercises of all records and transactions performed within the same day and ensure that data validation, integrity and accuracy of data is meticulously maintained.
5. Consolidate all findings and convert them into useful formats as provided by SSCM Manager
|Availability of information for supervisors to take decisions.|
|10||Process, Procedure and Policy
1. Work with SSCM teams to manage Internal customer satisfaction
2. Collect data to support performance scorecard reporting (i.e. KPIs)
|Adherence to Process, Procedure and Policy in fulfilling procurement needs|
|10||Systems Development and Implementation
1.Collect and collate useful data which can be used to improve the general systems established and communicate this information to immediate Supervisor
|Procurement operational requirements are met in system developments, modifications and implementation.|
|10||Control and Compliance
1. Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
|Procurement Records well maintained for future reference.|
|KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE|
|Required Professional Experience||
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 02nd July 2022; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.