Expertise France is the French international technical expertise agency. Its mission is to participate in France’s policy of international cooperation, development aid and economic influence, by responding to the growing demand for expertise from developing countries and emerging countries to build public policies, taking into consideration their institutional, economic, demographic, social and environmental challenges.
Job description: short term national expert/company in Road construction to deliver training of trainer’s session
Rwanda Polytechnics has signed a financial agreement with the French Development Agency (AFD), for the implementation of a pilot project in the district of Rulindo. Expertise France, the French Agency for international technical expertise, has been asked to support the implementation of the project during the first 3 years.
To do so, Expertise France is currently recruiting a short-term national expert in Road construction to deliver training of trainer’s session of 28 days divided in 4 training sessions. The assignment will take place from July 2022 – April 2023
Companies with relevant experience with evidenced proof of experience of staff on this assignment are also eligible to apply.
|Training to be conducted
- Atterberg limits test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- California bearing ratio (cbr) test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- Sieve analysis test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- Compression test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- Dynamic cone penetration test execution; Level 5 Road construction
- Deflexion test execution; Level 5 Road construction
- Los angeles test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- Modified proctor test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- In situ density test; Level 5 Road construction
- Sand equivalent test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- Slump test performing; Level 5 Road construction
- Pavement layers’ construction; level 3 road construction
- Manual asphalt; level 3 road construction
- Gabion retaining wall construction; level 3 road construction
- Honey combs retaining wall; level 3 road construction
- Prepare the training program using the Project’s template and send it for validation to the Vocational training and Capacity building expert;
- Prepare all the material and necessary handouts to be used in the training and send it for validation to the Vocational training and Capacity building expert;
- Develop the evaluation sheet in line with the guidance of the project Monitoring & Evaluation Expert;
- Conduct a daily management of the training including daily attendance list;
- Conduct a pre-test the 1st day of training;
- Deliver the training session;
- Conduct a post-test the last day of the training session;
- Provide written report using the Project’s template and send it for validation to the Vocational training and Capacity building expert.
- At least an advanced diploma in road construction or similar;
- Proven minimum of 5 years working experience in construction laboratories or in road construction companies
- Demonstrated experience in training/mentoring trainers in road construction field;
- Having the authority to certify trained trainers is a plus.
- Proficiency in English – written and speaking
- Perform different test in road construction
- Conduct pavement layers’ construction
- Construct manual asphalt
- Construct gabion retaining wall
- Construct honey combs retaining wall
How to apply
Please note that application documents would be forwarded to this email: email@example.com and the deadline is 30th/06/2022
Notes: Application documents should contain a CV, cover letter, ID and certificates and if you are a company, please send your company profile with the CVs of the person who will perform the task above.
Candidates should be registered and possess a tax ID.
Kindly note that Expertise France will not be able to notify all the applicants. Only candidates who have been selected will be contacted.