Rwanda CLA Activity
Scope of Work
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Time type: Full time
The USAID/Rwanda Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Activity, which is administered by USAID and implemented by ME&A, Inc. (ME&A), is designed to improve USAID/Rwanda’s performance monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adapting processes to ensure the Mission effectively utilizes data in all decision-making processes. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Driver/Logistics for the CLA Activity USAID-funded project office in Rwanda.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration (F&A) Officer, the Driver/Logistics performs a variety of administrative and logistical support functions. The position requires solid knowledge of logistical policies and procedures related to operation and maintenance of project vehicles.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Driver/Logistics is responsible for undertaking the following tasks and responsibilities
- Transport, Administration, and Logistic Support for the USAID CLA Activity.
- Provide transportation for the Program, staff pickup and drop off, airport collection, and transport of visitors as directed by the supervisor.
- Coordinate with the F&A Officer to follow up and execute driver planning and scheduling using Outlook Calendar or other means of scheduling as assigned.
- Keep a logbook of all vehicles use and travel and register transportation requests for the assigned locations.
- Assist the F&A team to deliver purchase orders, payment transfers to the bank and/or suppliers, conduct petty cash purchases for minor office expenditure.
- Register, deliver, and distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- Assist the F&A team to obtain quotations and raise procurement requisitions for small value purchases (as required).
- Assist the F&A team in the facilitation of vehicle certification documents.
- Deliver correspondence to different offices when needed.
- Liaise with the F&A Officer on all airport transfers.
- Assist the F&A Officer with Asset Management, transfers, labelling, and stock takes.
- Proactively assist teams and work flexibly across the program.
- Follow up on IT renewal and registrations.
- Obtain quotes for minor vehicle maintenance.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tire condition, and report to Supervisor for action.
- Check oil, water, and tires properly and keep vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Update monthly mileage records and provide data to Supervisor for monthly operations reporting; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral Kinyarwanda and English language skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with the aim of providing administrative support in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
- Be of Rwandan nationality.
- Have a Grade 12 Certificate (secondary certificate)
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have a diploma in automotive mechanics or other mechanical experience is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of previous experience in a similar driver and administrative role for USAID or another international donor project.
- Knowledge of the field of intervention would be an asset.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Submission of Applications deadline
The deadline for Application is 30th June 2022 at 01:00 Pm.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one page Cover letter, and updated CV (maximum two pages), and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees, to include most current employer (All should be in one document) via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
The applications submitted after deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.