Job Summary – Location – Rwanda
Africa Healthcare Network Rwanda Ltd (“AHN”) is looking for a maintenance technician to join its Maintenance team. AHN has built the largest dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN’s goal is to increase access to high-quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model.
The function of a technician is to assist the Bio medical and clinical team in solving technical problems related to dialysis and the field of dialysis across our dialysis centres in Tanzania. This individual will be primarily working in a clinical setting, with a strong focus on maintaining and servicing equipment in the dialysis unit. The technician will need to be comfortable solving challenging problems, designing solutions and executing solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintenance and service of electrical equipment and systems
- Maintenance and service of plumbing and fitting
- Doing a routine survey to all the centers and perform any repairs needed
- Making sure all the premises are in good condition
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issue
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. AC service) and other tasks as assigned
- Handle other team members in a very efficient and friendly manner
- Act in a professional and responsible manner
- Keeping record of the spares/consumable items
- Diploma related field (electrical, maintenance etc..) from a recognized university
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (English is a requirement)
- Competitive salary and premium health insurance
AHN provides a relentless commitment to personal development and career growth. You will be working with the best people in the sector and making an impact to the millions of people living in the without high quality care.
Interested candidates should send in their full documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th May 2022 – Shortlisted candidates will only be contacted for the next steps of hiring process.