TERMS OF REFERENCE
To develop communication materials to socialize the digital “Beneficiary Feedback and Complaint Mechanism System”
- About the information sharing and feedback & complaint mechanism platform at CARE Rwanda
Since early 2021, CARE Rwanda has been developing a cost efficient technology/web-based platform that is simple, user-friendly, convenient, affordable and which can help to quickly foster key information from the national level all the way to projects beneficiaries at village level – designed to be appropriate for use by CARE stakeholders including beneficiaries, community volunteers, partners, vendors, and government agencies. In return, CARE wants to be aware of any feedback, complaint, or a report from the program ultimate beneficiaries from the village and other stakeholders who directly or indirectly deal with CARE, using the same platform. The information and feedback/complaint mechanism is therefore an integral part of the country office broad accountability framework.
The following are the main objectives of the platform:
- Facilitate quick communication between CARE and its key stakeholders including but not limited to the following: Program beneficiaries, community volunteers, partners, district authorities, staff, vendors, financial service providers (mainly MFIs), and members of the Village Agent Network (VAN).
- Collect feedback, complaint, or any report from all the above stakeholders and be able to develop a response message tailored to the needs of each of the different stakeholders
- Objectives of the consultancy
As the development of the system is nearing its end, CARE Rwanda is looking for a competent consultant to:
- Craft a communication strategy which purpose is to socialize the digital feedback and complaints mechanism with a broad range of stakeholders targeted by the mechanism.
- Develop a communication plan/mix based on the strategy, including communication products/materials and messages tailored to the audience
- Required deliverables
The expected outputs and deliverables are listed below:
- An inception report and presentation demonstrating understanding of the assignment by the consultant/firm to validate the methodology that will be used (Including collecting best practices from other organizations on how they managed to quickly socialize a new digital feedback platform
- A communication strategy/approach to effectively socialize the “information sharing and feedback & complaint mechanism”.
- A communication mix/plan including the communication products/materials and messages tailored to the group of stakeholders mapped. The plan should also contain “reader friendly” guidelines tailored to each stakeholder audiences. The communication products/materials and messages should be suggested in both languages: English and Kinyarwanda :
- A design of the information sharing flowchart or a diagram (information sharing workflow) of bulk sms from CARE to different categories of program participants and community volunteers
- A design of a flowchart or a diagram for the program beneficiaries to register a feedback/complaint, including escalation options, using sms to the CARE shortcode (705)
- A design of a flowchart or a diagram for partners, vendors and government to register a feedback/complaint, using both sms and email
- A design of a flowchart or a diagram for CARE staff to register a feedback/complaint in the feedback kiosk available in the office, using both sms and email
- Present the final products to the senior program team
- Role of CARE
- Ensure that all the necessary documents and information are timely available to the consultant
- Delegate key contact technical staff to work with the consultant on the different tasks
- Timely review drafts from the consultant and provide timely feedback for finalization
- Provide any other technical or operational support to the consultant(s) as needed
- Provide list of key stakeholders and how they interact with CARE
- Assignment duration
CARE intends to provide a 15 working days contract effective May 16th 2022.
- Supervision and working conditions
The consultant will be reporting to the Impact Measurement Team Leader. Both virtual and interpersonal meetings will be used.
- Required Skills and Competencies for the Consultant
- University degree, preferably in Communications sciences, Mass Communication, social sciences or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in developing communication materials to socialize organizational program strategies, or digital solutions that support either humanitarian or development work
- Having experience working on designing, implementing and evaluating “feedback & complaint platforms” will be an advantage
- Proven experience in developing communication tools and engagement strategies for different categories of stakeholders
- A strong track record of graphic design skills for communication materials
- Proven experience in developing and implementing digital communication solutions, including websites, social media, and other digital solutions will be a great value add
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal relations
- Application Process
The proposals should indicate the following:
- A technical proposal, detailing how deliverables will be achieved with a clear time frame; showing evidence of the consultant’s experience in the similar assignments (at least 3 references with contacts or email address of referees); copies of similar assignments (with evidence for good completion of the assignments). VAT registration certificate; RRA tax clearance certificate and RSSB tax clearance must be part of the proposal;
- Financial offer detailing various costs associated with the delivery of all the deliverables mentioned under section 3 above. This must be in PDF format and must be a separate document from the technical;
- Minimum 3 certificates of similar work done in the past
- Company profile; VAT registration certificate; RRA tax clearance certificate; RSSB tax clearance certificate must be part of the proposal
Interested consultants or consultancy firms are requested to submit their offers not later than
May 18th ,2022 at 5:30 pm local time to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, with mention “Consultancy to develop communication materials to socialize the digital “Beneficiary Feedback and Complaint Mechanism System”.
Kigali, 11th May, 2022