Wellspring Academy is a non-denominational Christian school that was created with a vision of producing a new generation of Servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
Position: Human Resource Manager
Reports: To the School Principal
Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
The school is looking for a human resource person to serve in the school in the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- RECRUITMENT – Attract the best possible mission-driven educators and professionals at all levels for the the Wellspring Academy
- Ensure Wellspring Academy has a vibrant recruitment strategy to attract the best possible talent who are committed to living out our Vision and Mission.
- Organize recruitment process, arrange for job postings, manage recruitment communication, coordinate the intake of references, correspond with applicants at all stages of recruitment process.
- Works with each candidate and employee in succession planning
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT – Utilize all resources available to help our staff grow in their areas of expertise.
- Manage professional development facilitation and ensure all Wellspring Academy staff are utilizing the professional development opportunities available to them.
III. EMPLOYEE RELATIONS – Provide the best possible benefits, services and human resource policies to retain committed educators and volunteers at Wellspring Academy.
- Offer support to the new hired staff with visa clearance, pre-arrival information for international staff, contracts and terms of employment.
- Maintain and upgrade system for maintaining personnel records, including tracking days off, sick days, discipline, grievances, etc.
- Ensure all employees work visa and resident permit applications are submitted within timeline specified by Rwanda Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.
- Maintain and update template of contract performance report and employee appraisal report
- Compile and present employee contract performance and appraisal report on termly and annual basis
- Assist in development and implementation of Wellspring Academy employee compensation and benefits plan.
- Maintain insurance plans for all staff and Wellspring Academy facilities
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions at Wellspring Academy
- Conduct exit interviews, period surveys, and make recommendations to the school board
- Maintain employee pay and benefit plans; study and assess benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to leadership; work with finance office to obtain and evaluate contract bids.
- STAFF CULTURE
- Ensure the right systems, processes and practices are in place for Wellspring Academy to have a healthy staff culture.
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism of the details of all staff with appropriate reporting to leadership team.
- Be a neutral source to hear complaints, grievances and recommendations.
- Work with leadership team to provide an environment where Biblical principles of reconciliation and mediation, such as Matthew 18, are present.
- Maintain and update relevant policies with reference to current Rwandan law related to labor and personel with leadership team input.
- Maintain and update internal rules and procedural manual with reference to the current Rwandan laws related to non profit making institutions
- Rugulary check and monitor the compliance and implementation of the available polies and procedures
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and strong decision making ability.
- Emotionally mature. Highly resourceful team player.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to competing demands, and demonstrate highest level of customer service.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Requirements: – All candidates should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in human resources,
organizational leadership or similar field.
- Having experience of at least 3years in human resource management in ( hiring, benefits administration, compensation, training and wage structure, labor law, and organization).
- Experience in a school setting preferred.
To apply, send:
- A letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are the suitable candidate for the job. (Max 1 page )
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of 2 professional referees and 1 referee from your place of worship (max 3 pages)
Applications must be submitted by email (including scanned PDF documents) to the School Principal email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications is Thursday May 19, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Commencement date: June, 2022
We appreciate all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.