Rwanda Children’s Books Organization (RCBO) is a professional member-based organization that fosters the growth of the children’s publishing industry in Rwanda. It was established in 2015 to promote the production and use of quality books for children by Rwandan publishers.
The organization provides a platform for its members to engage other stakeholders to influence the book policy, capacity building, and market development for the book industry in Rwanda, specifically about children’s books. RCBO currently has 17 members and is still growing.
To achieve its mission, ensuring the organization’s growth, RCBO seeks to recruit a suitable Executive Secretary.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategy and Operations
- Execute the decisions of the organs of the organization within the prescribed time;
- Lead the implementation of the strategic and operational plans in collaboration with the organization’s organs;
- Conduct strategic reflections for the proper development of the objectives of the organization;
- Lead the organization’s business development, including the design and development of project proposals;
- Manage and develop regular communication between RCBO and the several partners and develop strategic relationships with other actors of socio-economic development;
- Attend all meetings of the Steering Committee;
- Coordinate all projects executed by the organization;
- Plan, coordinate, ensure and report the day-to-day management of the organization on behalf of the management of the organization in different circumstances;
- Prepare the budget and efficiently ensure its implementation;
- Verify and approve the financial report prepared and submit it to the Steering Committee for analysis and approval;
- Also, approve activity reports from the various programs and submit them to the Steering Committee for examination and approval;
- Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences, etc.
- Contribute to writing reports as required, ensuring these are of the highest quality and submitted promptly;
- Provide financial management support – budgets and procurement.
- Ensure and reinforce good relations with the financial partners of the organization and all state bodies at all levels;
- Keep the organization visible and ensure that its interventions bring beneficiaries to the desired changes;
- Manage the organization’s communication and social media strategy and implementation plan.
- Administration, People Management, and Finance
- Prepare all documentation relating to legal acts and constantly monitor compliance with the rules and laws governing the associative life;
- Authorize expenses, sign the mission orders of the agents of the organization;
- Ensure the management of the staff of the organization;
- Evaluate the agents who are directly under his responsibility and, in the last row, all the other agents;
- Attend meetings and keep minutes;
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate;
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages, etc.);
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure;
- Prepare invoices or financial statements and provide assistance in bookkeeping;
- Monitor office supplies and negotiate terms with suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective orders;
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible;
- Manage the RCBO office daily.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Ensure effective monitoring and maintenance of the organizations’ projects, including reporting;
- Support in monitoring and evaluation of the organization and associated programs and projects through appropriate trackers;
- Contribute to the development of monitoring tools;
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data during routine, quarterly monitoring visits.
- Carry out any other task deemed helpful for the smooth running of the RCBO.
- Position Requirements
- At least hold a bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in Development Studies, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Education, or any other related fields;
- Proven experience of 1 to 5 years as executive secretary or similar management role in civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated experience working with civil society organizations, multi-donor agencies, and or developmental partners
- Good knowledge of civil society in Rwanda
- Proficient in MS office and back-office software
- In-depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of CSOs
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiations abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Method of Application
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the legal representative of RCBO delivered in a single PDF document to RCBO’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27 May 2022 at 6:00 pm. RCBO is an equal opportunity employer, and for this position, female and young candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned as “Application for the position of RCBO Executive Secretary.” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further tests.
RCBO Task Force