Viamo is leading a global movement, of non-profits, governments, and businesses who want to communicate with the people they serve via mobile. We envision a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives.
Are you a talented program manager with a passion for mobile technology?
Do you get excited by designing and implementing projects with development organizations?
Do you share our belief that information is power?
If so, then please read on and get in touch with us.
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end-users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard in public debates, surveys, and policymaking. The organizations that serve them often lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo is leading a global movement, of non-profits, governments, and businesses who want to communicate with the people they serve via mobile. We envision a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives. Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 18 million people reached in 2019 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
With an office located in Kigali, Rwanda, Viamo is firmly committed to partnering with innovators and projects that have the capacity to set forth change on both the community and global level. Through the utilization of ICT, we intend to assist development organizations, private sector companies, and the Government in reaching and engaging with beneficiaries, stakeholders, and project implementers.
About the role
You will become part of our growing team in Rwanda working with some of the most innovative development organizations and private sector companies. Your role is to ensure that every project and programme is implemented to the delight of our partners who deeply care about the impact of projects. In this role, you will work with a wide range of different partners from health, education, agriculture, financial inclusion, and many more. You will support these organizations with the design of digital engagement strategies, deliver exceptional customer service during the implementation of mobile and digital projects, and take great pride in fostering impact through mobile in Rwanda.
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects.
- Delight our partners with high quality, timely execution of programme activities.
- Manage the implementation of projects for partners according to the project objectives.
- Help to establish work plans and deliverables for each project and continuously update partners on progress with implementation of projects
- Facilitate training of partners staff and conduct field testing of solutions as needed
- Supervise qualitative and quantitative research and other field activities
- Conduct data analysis and report on the results of project and programmes
- Solicit and document client feedback, including needs and expectations to inform the ongoing development of Viamo’s offerings.
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices from Rwanda with Viamo’s international team of program staff
Key Performance Indicators
- Happy clients measured through NPS
- Projects implemented on time and on budget
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Country Director Rwanda
- Works closely with the global Design and Implementation teams
Who you are:
PASSIONATE & MOTIVATED: You are passionate about the potential for technology to create social change, and you believe that “information is power”.
PERSISTENT & CURIOUS: You know the challenges of working in emerging markets and you are eager to tackle them head-on. You thrive on learning new skills and are motivated to learn and grow. You are intellectually curious, but also like to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
GROWTH ORIENTED: You want to be a part of building something innovative, and you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can take ownership of your work and be a core part of a global team.
Essential skills and experience:
- University degree and 3+ years of demanding professional experience in a client-facing role, and demonstrable interest in the use of technology for development
- Experience either directly from the development sector working with or for NGOs or with private sector companies with NGO clientele
- Excellent project and programme management skills with emphasis on customer service
- Independent thinker and problem solver with proven experience in a fast-paced environment
- Great in multi-tasking and managing numerous complex projects at one time
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- A high degree of flexibility and willingness to adapt to new tasks
- Excellent attention to detail, thorough and meticulous with all tasks
- Quantitative and analytical skills – incl. experience with large data-sets and data analysis
- Technically proficient with software programs, and the desire to learn and embrace more
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience working with a Mobile Network Operator
- Experience working with Wrike or similar project management tools
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter at https://viamo-inc.breezy.hr/p/1c286600fb24-program-manager-rwanda?&popup=true
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.