Italy bans entry from 13 countries over COVID-19 fears

Italy has banned travellers from 13 countries over the COVID-19 pandemic, stopping nations it views as high risk Coronavirus countries from entering the country.

The full list includes Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Brazil, Chile, Kuwait, North Macedonia, Moldova, Oman, Panama and Peru.

In a statement, Health Minister Roberto Speranza said in a statement, the ban affects anybody who has lived in or traveled through these countries in the past 14 days.

The Ministry of Health, in agreement with the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Interior and Transport, signed a decree prohibiting visitors from entering the country as the country recovers from the pandemic that killed nearly 35,000 people in Italy.

Related Topic  Coronavirus: Coalition warns state governors against relaxing lockdown

Italy was the first country to get hit with the virus after it emerged late last year in China.

Twelve new deaths were announced on Thursday against 15 the previous day.

Brazil’s presence on the list comes as no surprise as Brazil has experienced the largest number of COVID-19 deaths apart from the United States, with nearly 68,000 deaths.

“Throughout the world, the pandemic has entered a more acute phase,” said Health Minister Roberto Speranza.

“We cannot throw away the sacrifices made by Italians in recent months,” he added.

Leave a Comment Here