DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Chief of Party-Rwanda FIRST
Job Code: 5099
RWANDA FACILITATE INVESTMENT REQUIRED FOR SUSTAINABLE EXPORT(FIRST) ACTIVITY
DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Facilitate Investment Required for Sustainable Export activity in Rwanda. The anticipated Feed the Future project is expected to increase high value agricultural exports through the facilitation of inclusive policy reforms and government coordination in order to create economies of scale and ensure higher remunerated job opportunities. The idea being that enhanced government capacity to attract private sector investment will lead to to increased high value agricultural exports. The activity will specifically target rural farmers, rural youth, women and people with disabilities in order to contribute positively to the growth of the Rwandan agricultural sector.
The COP will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise to the program and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID on management and technical matters. The COP will provide strategic leadership to design and lead efforts to increase high value agricultural exports through inclusive policy forms and government coordination.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire program to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of Rwanda FIRST objectives
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners, program stakeholders, national and regional policymakers and economic agencies, private sector entities, and DAI home office management on all program-related matters
- Lead annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets
- Submit timely, high quality project deliverables to USAID and DAI
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant management experience on USAID or other donor-funded development projects
- Demonstrated technical expertise in one of the main technical areas (particularly for the agricultural export and ancillary business sector), such as business enabling environment, investment promotion, exports, trade, private sector engagement, governance capacity building, public/private dialogue, organizational capacity development, civil society, access to finance, capital markets, market systems.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts and regional networks and partner organizations
- Possess solid and persuasive, interpersonal and communication skills desired; and
- An advanced degree in a relevant academic field
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to Click Here to Apply