About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts in order to provide an unbiased, effective and respectful process that attracts the best and brightest talent to end hunger in our lifetime. Every year we receive tens of thousands of applications, and we are seeking an HR or talent acquisition professional with excellent organizational and people skills to help lead the team.
The Zambia Recruitment Specialist will join our Global Recruitment Team and support recruitment for our growing program in Zambia. This recruiter will be responsible for filling all vacant roles for the country program.
Example duties include:
- Application screening: Oversee candidate screening and selection process from the review of applications through the interview process. One Acre Fund seeks to hire international development professionals of the very best caliber, and application screening is a vital step of the hiring process.
- Candidate database management Using an Applicant Tracking System and other tools, track applicant process from application to hire.
- Candidate Communication and Support: Our hiring process is rigorous and requires a number of steps, including multiple interviews and exercises. Throughout, the Recruitment Specialist will provide excellent customer service and support.
- Hiring Manager Support: Assist Hiring Managers with creating interview materials, train them to use our Recruitment platforms and provide other support as requested.
- Interviewing: Conduct interviews at One Acre Fund.
- Outreach activities: The Zambia Recruitment Specialist will support One Acre Fund’s recruiting initiatives by ensuring that vacancies are up-to-date and continuously posted to relevant online job boards, as well as represent One Acre Fund at strategic recruiting events.
- Recruitment Team support: Support teammates during their entire life cycle at the organization, with a particular focus on new staff onboarding.
- Other duties: as requested by your manager to advance our mission.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking someone with an interest in people and recruiting, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a deep interest in One Acre Fund’s mission. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail; the ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Quick learner; puts structured in place to learn and produce work quickly
- Superior spoken and written English fluency, cross-cultural communication skills: The Zambia Recruitment Specialist will have daily contact with candidates from around the world and diverse Hiring Managers and should be able to engage with them in a friendly and professional way.
- The ability to multi-task while effectively prioritizing: The routine tasks of the Zambia Recruitment Specialist will often have non-flexible deadlines.
- Internal drive: The Zambia Recruitment Specialist will often work without much supervision and must be a self-starter who can proactively complete tasks without continuous oversight.
- A humble approach to service: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and humility.
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute or better
- Familiarity or expertise in Greenhouse ATS a plus
- Language: English required
- Prior experience as a recruiter, talent acquisition specialist or similar is helpful but not required.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Kabwe,Zambia
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Zambia.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to Click Here to Apply
Closing date: April 5th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.