Organization: EnviroCentre http://www.envirocentre.ca
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Salary Range: $43,000 – $50,000, commensurate with skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time Position
Reports to: Executive Director
EnviroCentre is an Ottawa-based, non-profit organization which helps
individuals, families and organizations conserve energy, save money
and reduce their imp
act on the environment. We have an immediate
opening for a well-organized and detail-oriented individual to oversee
the effective day-to-day running of the office. The ideal candidate is
a team-oriented people-person who is comfortable working in a dynamic
environment juggling multiple priorities where you are the “go-to”
person for many services and supports.
• Plan and perform various job functions that involve a combination of
office/facility management, human resource/financial support and
• Maintain the electronic and hard copy filing system, including
corporate files, policies, records and documents.
• Assist with the preparation of Board materials and meetings, take
meeting minutes, and act as a liaison to Board members.
• Administer human resources related functions, including maintaining
personnel files; employee recruitment, new employee intake and
orientation; overseeing the employee benefit plan; and acting as a
resource for interpreting company HR policies.
• Support the Accounting Department by carrying out various financial
activities such as collecting receipts and organizing credit card
statements and reconciliations; mailing cheques; scanning and filing
of invoices; and administering petty cash.
• Negotiate and manage facility-related service contracts and service
level agreements for third party suppliers and/or service providers,
including telecommunications, cleaning and insurance.
• Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority
post, packages, courier services and other correspondence.
• Manage the inventory and replenishment of office supplies,
stationary and equipment.
• Coordinate travel arrangements as well as other organizational
activities such as meetings, workshops, special projects and events as
• Ensure that health and safety policies are maintained, posted and
yearly training is scheduled.
• Participate in internal EnviroCentre committees and activities which
support broader organizational objectives.
• Other duties as required.
• College diploma or university degree in Office/Business
Administration or an acceptable combination of education and
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in a combination
of office administration, executive support and human resource areas.
• Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point ).
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as
well as the ability to work within a team.
• Previous experience working with a Board an asset.
• Team player with the ability to work independently
Requirements (skills and experience):
• Strong project management skills, able to manage deadlines and
effectively problem-solve issues.
• Bilingualism (English/French) a strong asset.
• A general understanding of sustainability and environmental issues.
• Oral and written communication
• Planning and Organizing
• Time Management
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Busy office environment.
• Extended use of a computer.
• May require attendance at offsite meetings.
• May require overtime.
Other incentives offered by EnviroCentre:
• Group Benefits package (available after 3 month probationary period).
• Bike fleet available for use during work hours.
• Discount on EnviroCentre energy services and products at the enviroBoutique.
• Inclusion in business membership to VrtuCar, Ottawa’s car sharing service.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter with your salary expectations to:
or in person at EnviroCentre, 366 Rideau Street.
Note: If dropped off in person, please also send an electronic copy.
Closing date: Friday, June 20, 2014
Anticipated start date: Immediately
Please note – We thank all applicants for their interest, but only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.