CHF International is seeking a senior level Team Leader for its Economic Strengthening (ES) Unit in Rwanda
to oversee the design and implementation of its household economic strengthening activities under the USAID/Higa Ubeho program.
The goal of USAID/Higa Ubeho is to help vulnerable populations reduce the risk of HIV and other health threats through increased use of health and social support services. In addition, the program provides technical assistance to Rwandan Partner Organizations (RPOs) to lead the delivery of services to vulnerable households. The Team Leader will thus coordinate, mentor and support the ES Team, and RPOs to implement a wide range of innovative approaches to improve resiliency with among vulnerable families.
The ES Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and supporting the ES team and local partners to design, implement, and monitor household economic strengthening (HES) interventions for vulnerable households.
The Economic Strengthening Team Leader will specifically be responsible for the following;
• Coordinate the development and implementation of the ES strategies and detailed workplans. This includes coordination with a wide range of stakeholders in and outside of the program to support national policies and strategies for economic development and to promote synergy with other relevant programs/services.
• Support the development of guidelines, training curricula, and tools to support a range of HES initiatives.
• Support the collection, analysis and management of data/knowledge to track program progress and to provide recommendations for ongoing improvements. This includes programmatic assessments, analysis of partner reports and providing regular and timely feedback.
• Supervise and mentor the staff and partners to coordinate and manage a wide range of proven ES interventions.
• Assist in the development of all program reports.
• Represent CHF International in technical meetings and other forums as requested.
• Minimum 4-6 years professional experience, preferably with USAID-funded programs.
• University Degree Required; Masters degree preferred in related area.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience leading household economic strengthening interventions such as microenterprise development, value chain development, and microfinance.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage and lead a team.
• Excellent writing and communication abilities.
• Advanced computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.
• French fluency a plus.
Applicants should apply in English and include a cover letter and detailed CV documenting work history and current responsibilities. Please do not send copies of educational certificates at this time. Send electronic submissions to email@example.com and use subject: CHF/ Economic Strengthening Team Leader. Only the selected candidates will be contacted. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY Thursday APRIL 18th 2012