Responsible for ensuring the compliance of the organization in relation to financial, operational and legal practices, as well as issues of corporate governance.
• Draft, negotiate, and vet contracts on behalf of the company to protect its interests;
• Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, as well as its legal and statutory requirements;
• Ensure company’s compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to avoid legal penalties;
• Organizing, preparing agendas for, and taking minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs) to ensure they are efficient and effective;
• Ensure disputes are resolved in a manner that safeguards the company’s position and in compliance with local and international aviation regulations;
• Brief and monitor external counsel to ensure legal representation is effective;
• Develop effective working relationships with key user departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs;
• Prepare proposals to lobby the government and other aviation bodies on pending legislation to protect and/or improve RwandAir business environment;
• Provide legal counseling so as to ensure legal problems and risks are identified and dealt with before they emerge as significant risk to the business.
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Directly responsible to: Chief Executive Officer, Board
• Supervision of: All legal staff and third party contracted law firms/lawyers
• Functional relationships with: All senior managers
• External : Government and Industry Regulators, Law firms
Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Law preferably in commercial law.
• 5 years of relevant legal experience, with the legal department of a government or international organization or with a private firm specializing in international or commercial law.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge/experience in aviation law is desirable.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Keen eye for detail and good knowledge of company law
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines
How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to Senior Manager -Human Resources
• Recent and detailed curriculum vitae
• Relevant certificates
• A photocopy of the national identity card
• Two passport photos
• Three current referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is 20th March 2012 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building.
Senior Manager- Human Resources
Kigali International Airport – Main Terminal Building (Top Floor)
Box 7275 Kigali – Rwanda
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: RwandAir is an equal opportunity employer.