Plan’s Vision is of a world where all children can realize their full potential in societies, which respect people’s rights and dignity.
Plan has been working in Rwanda since 2007 and now has operations in the Eastern Province districts of Gatsibo and Bugesera. The support office is in Rwamagana while the country office is in Nyarutarama – Kigali.
Plan has a strict child protection policy and guidelines that all staff must follow at all times. All staff are expected to help ensure all Plan associates know, understand and follow these and take an active role in the protection of all children from abuse and exploitation.
To facilitate the implementation of its activities, Plan Rwanda wishes to recruit qualified and well experienced candidates to fill the following position:
Line Manager: Country Director (Plan International Rwanda)
To facilitate effective and efficient program delivery of the Program Unit operational plan.
• Coordinate and facilitates the integration of different functions in the Program Unit.
• Provide strategic focus and guidance to the Program Unit.
• Promote organizational values e.g. transparency, accountability, team work, empowerment and responsiveness.
• Manage program planning to ensure that the programs are in line with Country Strategic Plan, Country Programs Objectives and CCCD (Child-Centered Community Development).
• Develop and manage operational plan for the Program Unit.
• Ensure effective participation and empowerment of children, families, communities and stakeholders in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Manage program implementation, monitoring and evaluation within given time frames.
Qualifications and experience
A degree in Development Studies or related discipline.
Relevant post graduate qualification desirable.
2-5 years managerial experience at a similar level preferably in an NGO environment
Interested candidates for the above positions should provide bellow documents:
• Formal job application addressed to the Country Director, Plan Rwanda, P.O. Box 6211 Kigali and hand delivered to Plan Rwanda Country Office Reception at Nyarutarama, Plot number 5719
• current CV and copies of degrees or certificates, letters from previous employers,
• recent performance appraisal,
• 2 professional referees and 1 personal referee with contact details.
Closing date for submission of application(s) is November 14th 2011 at 16:00. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Plan is committed to an environment free from any kind of child abuse.
Plan International Rwanda
P.O. Box 6211
Plot # 5719, Nyarutarama.
KIGALI – RWANDA RWANDA