Finance & Administration Manager
Purpose of the position:
Maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of company operations in accordance with company policies, standard operating procedures and national legal requirements according to internationally accepted accounting standards.
The Finance and Administration Manager will strengthen the company’s financial position, performance and reputation through:
• Managing the Finance and Administration staff.
• Ensuring effective control of all administrative and financial matters ensuring accurate reporting to all stakeholders in compliance with the stipulated guidelines.
• Prepare for annual audits and ensure compliance with tax and other financial statutory laws
• Ensuring the production of timely financial reports and technical advice in related issues.
• Providing financial support to programme staff during design of proposal budgets
• Providing support in contract negotiation and representing the firm in related meetings
• Ensuring proper documentation and archiving by carrying out regular reviews.
Key Result Areas:
Finance Management and Controls
• Lead the annual budgeting process
• Develop and execute strategic financial plans for the company in consultation with the directors.
• Maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of company operations in accordance with company policies, national legal requirements and internationally accepted accounting standards.
• Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the company.
• Provide the company directors with complete, accurate and timely financial reports.
• Maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions incurred by the office and as part of client project implementation and other related costs.
• Maintain effective control over cash and bank (ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records). Ensure that the company’s funds are well managed and that adequate funds are available to meet the company’s responsibilities.
• Provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to the directors.
• Assist and support the Account Directors and Account Managers in ensuring that project expenditures meet company requirements and remain within the approved plans and budgets.
• Assist and support the Account Directors and Account Managers in the preparation of budgets for project proposals and client project budgets.
• Ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting and internal control systems for the company.
• Liaise with external auditors, government departments and bank officials regularly.
• Manage and undertake local internal audits of the company’s financials including implemented projects.
Administration and Standards
• Provision of office services, upkeep of office equipment and office supplies
• Risk management of office assets: arrange and oversee insurance covers are maintained, etc
• Oversee and ensure Administrative functions are managed according to company standards and that adequate records that meet national requirements are maintained.
• Oversee and ensure the procurement process is conducted according to company standards.
• Ensure that adequate measures are in place to safeguard the assets of the organisation.
• Ensure that premises suitable for operations are available and that they are maintained properly.
• Oversee and ensure that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly prepared and updated so as to meet company requirements; including fair and reasonable commitments from service vendors; and to comply with legal obligations.
• Ensure adequate security and safety measures are in place at the company to minimize risks to staff and associated stakeholders.
• Excellent experience in financial reporting
• Excellent organizational skills and methodological approach to financial management
• Ability and confidence to enforce financial policies and procedures
• Experience in developing financial and administrative systems
• Good interpersonal and communication skill
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to analyze problems and make strategic decisions
• Excellent knowledge of accounting systems and software such as Pastel or QuickBooks
• Interested in building a career in professional consulting services industry
• Business degree majoring in Finance or Accounting with a professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA.
• Minimum of 4 years post- qualification working experience gained in financial or management accounting in a corporate organisation or project consultancy firm.
• Advanced skills with QuickBooks, Pastel and Excel.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in supervising and managing the performance of Accountant(s) in an organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a detailed CV, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline: Tuesday, 18th October 2011 at 4:00pm.
Note: DO NOT attach certificates.