Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Communications Consultants are assigned to a dedicated book of business and are accountable for the strategy and execution of participant communication campaigns. Their success is measured by the campaign results and whether plan participants improved their retirement readiness.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Design and execute annual strategic communications campaigns
• Analyze plan data to understand plan-level communications needs and write strategic communications plans based on the findings
• Build relationships with plan sponsors to consult with them regarding the sponsors’ needs and the communications objective, then gaining agreement on a go-forward strategy
• Design a multi-media communication plan that demonstrates an in depth knowledge of the clients’ industry, workplace environment, participant demographics/profiles, participant segmentation, and their history related to communication successes and failures.
• Develop and execute project plans for the delivery of the campaigns on budget, on time, and on quality. This includes facilitating the creative process, completing creative briefs, managing quotes and budget, scheduling participant-level meetings and coordinating the schedules of internal partners aligned to the execution.
• Monitor and report on campaign effectiveness for clients
• Participate as an active member of the client facing team and build effective relationships with the
Relationship Manager, client, and advisors
• Participate in client visits, as appropriate
• Manage client communications budgets
• Support the sales and retention process by presenting the communications offering in sales presentations, develop RFP communications positioning, etc.
• Provide feedback to Participant Communications Development team of new trends in client requests that could drive the development of new communication products and services
• 5 years in benefits, retirement, or financial services
• 5 years marketing/communications
Education and Credentials
• Bachelor’s degree (majors in advertising, communications, or marketing preferred)
• FINRA Series 6 required within 120 days of hire
• Demonstrated track record of strength in the following skill sets:
• Verbal and written communications
• Consultative selling, sales/client presentations, and relationship building
• Communications planning and strategy
• Project management
• Strong industry and product knowledge, and a good understanding of ERISA
• Analytic thinking and metrics analysis
• Client service
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• Approximately 20% travel time is required.
To APPLY Click Here