Principal Duties and responsibilities:
– Reporting to the Head Research and/or Senior Research Fellows, to conduct fieldwork across multiple sites in Uganda, using a variety of qualitative research techniques.
– Discuss and brainstorm with the research team on key issues emerging.
– Enter data collected in the relevant format.
– Participate in training provided within the department.
Qualifications / Requirements:
– Undergraduate degree in the Social Sciences. Students currently undertaking a Master degree are encouraged to apply, and may be eligible to work on a part-time basis.
– Must have fieldwork experience in quantitative research techniques such as focus group discussions, life histories and in-depth interviews
– Willing to travel regularly for fieldwork.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work independently, but also work as part of a team.
– Must be a Ugandan national. The ability to speak different languages is viewed favorably.
– Demonstrates BRAC’s core value and mission.
Submit your application letter, CV (including biography, date of birth, educational qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least two references), photocopies of academic papers, 2 copies of coloured passport size photographs, LC1 recommendation letter Original copy, and a day time contact number to;
Human Resource Department,
P.O Box 31817 (Clock Tower)
Deadline: 6th February, 2011
5 total views, 5 views today