Maintenance & Inspection Contract Engineer Purpose of Service : Within the framework of the AKPO Operations, AKPO being a large deep sea oil & gas field, integrating subsea wells, flowlines, risers, a FPSO, an off-loading buoy, export lines and their associates facilities, the main objectives of the position
include: • The preparation of new Maintenance or Inspection Contracts, from the call for tender phase up to the contract operational period. • The technical administration of the Maintenance or Inspection Contracts in place, including services and performance follow-up, coordination with Contractors, cost follow-up, coordination with Authorities, negotiation of yearly rates adjustments, renewal preparation. • Issuance coordination, implementation follow-up, technico-administrative coordination until close-out of the Maintenance and Inspection Service orders (Contracts with value below 250KUSD).
Key responsibilities and deliverables of job:
• Reports to the Maintenance and Inspection Contract Coordinator.
• Assist to prepare, in coordination with the Contract section and the concerned technical entities (Maintenance or Inspection) the Maintenance and Inspection Contracts and other technical documents for further tendering. Coordinates with the authorities and the Contract section for their technical and commercial evaluation, and then develops the Contract documents until signature. Follows-up the preparation and implementation of the Services until close out.
• Liaises with the technical entities the follows up of the contract including performance control, invoices checking, costs allocation, reporting, etc.
• Give advice to Management concerning contractual issues affecting contracts in place.
• Detect variations & changes to the contracts, and follow up claims until settlement and close out.
• Prepares, negotiate as need be, and follows-s up the yearly rates reviews, the issuance of Change orders; represents as required the M&I Contract Coordinator in the (Monthly and specific) coordination meetings with contractor.
• Anticipates and prepares, in coordination with the Authorities, the Contract section, and technical authorities the contracts renewals through the approved call for tender process.
• Prepares, at a lighter scale the same process for Service Orders (light contracts of value below 250 KUSD).
• This responsibility covers:
I About 8-10 General Maintenance and Inspection Services Contracts
I Up to 10 Frame agreements for various ad-hoc Maintenance and Inspection Services Contracts
I Up to 5-8 Specific Maintenance or Inspection Contracts issued with single source services providers (OEM- Original Equipment Manufacturers)
I Up to about 100 short term Service Orders per year
I Global Contracts and Service Orders amounting around 30MUSD per year.
• Ensure adequate Contracting strategy is implemented which shall include as a minimum: business requirement, HSE risk level,
Market structure and data, cost structure and remuneration, risks, opportunities and risk sharing, level of supervision, etc.
• Initiate and control regular audits on the implementation of the Maintenance & Inspection contracts, check compliance to the contract terms and conditions.
• Represent the M&I group for any contract related issues to external entities, partners, authorities (DPR, NCD, NAPIMS, etc.).
• Liaise with relevant departments, partners and government authorities to obtain agreements for timely placement of contracts.
• Coordinate these actions with concerned staff from both onshore and offshore sites.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned to him by his hierarchy May be acting M&I Contract Coordinator position from time to time during his absences.
• Minimum level of BSc or equivalent in Engineering
• Minimum 5 years experience in contract drafting, contract works/practices, technical contract analysis and management, and in technico-commercial management position
• Knowledge of interpreting, monitoring, measuring and evaluating contractual obligation and clauses
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, good communication skills Knowledge of Oil & Gas Business and ability for offshore visits, for work follow-up and coordination purposes
Click Here to apply
This position is opened to Locals only